Frequently Asked Questions about Coaching
This section answers several questions many people have prior to working with Grace and the Champions League Team. Reading through these should prepare you to get the most out of working with Grace as your personal coach. Doing so prior to your one-on-one ‘get acquainted’ meeting with Grace will ensure you’re well prepared for that conversation, too.
Why hire a Coach and the Value
Coaching improves the performance and results of the people who take advantage of it.
As a simple example, think about the difference in performance and development of two identically talented athletes at the beginning of a sports season; one has a coach, the other decides to ‘go it on their own’. Which do you think will understand their strengths, develop an effective strategy to leverage them successfully, achieve more throughout that season, and by the end of the season be the better athlete? (Think of those two ‘identically talented’ athletes as two versions of you – and possible futures for you.)
The same things apply to having a personal coach in your life. They help you identify and develop your strengths, create effective personal strategies, achieve more, and become the person you really want to be.
People hire me because they want more out of life, or they feel stuck, confused or frustrated and want help figuring out what to do and how to do it.
They understand that to improve their lives they need to improve themselves, and professional coaching is proven to be the most effective way to do that.
Sometimes people just need help figuring out what they really want in life or what they can do to improve their situation. I can help there, too.
You see, we all have habitual behaviors, ingrained patterns of thinking and decision-making, limiting beliefs, false assumptions (about ourselves, others and the world around us), and personal habits that all can be improved. The trouble is, because they’re habitual, we aren’t even aware of them. Those things are handled by our subconscious mind, so we aren’t consciously aware of them. Therefore, they are nearly impossible to change on our own.
A coach brings that awareness…and improvement.
Who Hires a Coach - Leadership Expert
My clients come from many walks of life but the common characteristics are that they want more out of life, or are looking to make a change, and they want help understanding what they should do and how to do it. They want to improve their life, and honestly, are smart enough to know they can’t do it alone.
Many clients are business professionals (senior business leaders/managers, small business owners, or independent professionals) who have had some success in their lives already and:
- Want to take their success to a higher level, play bigger, shift into a higher gear; or
- Have lost some momentum in their career, or their business has plateaued and they want to get that positive momentum back; or
- Are looking to make a major change and pursue something more aligned with their true passions & purpose.
The key is that they want to make a change, and are willing to do the work, they just need help identifying what they need to change – how they need to think differently – and how to do it.
Coaching Process...How does it work
The coaching process is a ‘designed relationship’ with the sole purpose of helping you achieve what you want to achieve in life and/or become the person you want to be. From there it is customized to your needs, desires and situation to maximize the benefits for you.
Initially, we’ll discuss your situation and your specific objectives and goals for our work together. From there we’ll structure the program so it best fits your needs. In this initial orientation meeting, we’ll walk through the Coaching Guide and Agreement that we’ll use as the foundation for our work together to ensure you have clear expectations and every question you might have is answered. We may use other tools during our time together to maximize the value you get from the experience. That all depends upon what you’re looking for from our time working together.
Typical my coaching engagements include weekly one-hour conversations, either in-person or over the phone. (Weekly meetings help develop and sustain the momentum that is key to successful change and personal achievement.) And provides unlimited email support. And based upon what you’re looking to achieve, and the changes you’re seeking, we’ll work together for anywhere from three to nine months.
I make the coaching and personal growth experience fun and exciting; not clinical and arduous. I simply don’t believe people hire a coach to have another ‘boss’ or ‘know-it-all’ in their life.
As a coach, I’m known for…
- Helping you identify and develop your greatness,
- Helping you realize your true potential; and
- Equipping you to ‘live into’ the life of your dreams.
For me it’s not good enough to just help you move from ‘point A’ to ‘point B’. I also want to prepare you to be successful when you get to ‘point B’. This is done strategically and intentionally.
In everything I do…
- I believe…in growing, equipping, and positioning people so that they can ‘do, be and have’ what they truly desire in their lives.
- I know…that our thinking drives our behavior which determines our results (the conditions, circumstances and outcomes in our lives); therefore, to change our results we must change our thinking. That’s simply how it works.
- I believe…therefore, that profoundly enriching your thinking is the best way to dramatically and consistently improve your life.
- I believe…that helping you identify, develop and leverage your strengths is the best way for you to access the virtually limitless untapped potential within you and use it to pursue your dreams, purpose and passions.
- I believe…that making the process of growth and change fun and entertaining makes it much more effective and the growth/change easier, faster and more powerful.
I provide…fun, creative and insightful (insight-filled) professional coaching programs that equip and empower you to…
- Clarify and pursue your life’s purpose and passions,
- Discover and develop your personal strengths,
- Realize and access your true/full potential, and
- Put a workable action plan, and a focused development plan, in place that will allow you to ‘live into’ the life you truly desire.
This results in…you being prepared and positioned to ‘do, be and have’ what you truly want in life. You’ll know…
- Who you are (and can become),
- What you are truly meant to do (and why), and
- How you are going to do it.
I’ll guide and advise you every step of the way as you make your desired life your actual life.
Building Champions for Life
NEXT EVENT and COACHING Introductions:
Nov 4, 2017 or Dec 2, 2017
The next step is for us to have a one-on-one conversation so that we can get to know each other and I can answer any questions you may have, and understand your situation, your goals, etc. You can initiate that conversation by either calling me direct 832-710-0525, email @info@graceLholden.com, or complete the contact form.